Confidence Building Inspections Limited
Residential Property Inspections
Our Services - Residential Property Inspections
All inspections are visual and non-invasive meaning the structure will not be damaged or tampered with to provide results.
Common problem areas and any suspect areas of moisture build-up or damp are tested using a Trotec non-invasive moisture meter, backed up by a Flir thermal imaging camera, at no extra charge. Electrical testing of sockets is included, using a Cabac polarity tester.
During the inspection, we generally take 300-400 photos of the property using a Nikon DSLR camera, ensuring we have plenty of high-quality images of the property, which we hold for seven years for future reference.
Building inspections report on significant defects, particular attributes, gradual deterioration, and any significant maintenance required. A Certificate of Inspection will be provided for residential building inspections.
On the day: please ensure any dogs on site are restrained, and that access has been provided to sub-floor hatches and roof-space hatches, and all other areas to be inspected. Furniture and personal items will not be moved by the inspectors, to avoid damage. We take lots of photos on the day, however we endeavor to avoid taking photos of people/personal items where possible, and/or will not include these in the final report (or will crop photos). We also do not walk on roofs - both to avoid damage to roofing material and to adhere to the Health & Safety at Work Act; inspection and photos are undertaken from a ladder around the perimeter of the roof where accessible.
- When selling your property, you always want to make sure you can get the best price, and that no unexpected building defects arise which may significantly reduce your selling price or scare potential buyers away.
- Getting a building inspection report on your property before putting it on the market will give you all the facts you need to price your property accordingly, or to make repairs prior to sale to ensure you get the best price - with no surprises! You can sell with confidence.
- If you are intending on selling by auction in particular, having a building inspection completed prior to listing will enable potential buyers to view the report in advance, as the usual time-frame to do due diligence may be affected.
- Prices from $480 incl gst (1-2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen, concrete floor)
- Contact us today for a free quote
Healthy Homes Assessment
- This assessment involves a full non-invasive inspection of the property to assess how the property meets the Residential Tenancies (Healthy Homes Standards) Regulations 2019. The assessment is independent and unbiased. Assessment includes: heating, insulation, ventilation, draughts, and moisture ingress and drainage. A comprehenisve report will be provided with photographic evidence.
- Prices from $300 incl gst when undertaken as a stand-alone assessment
- Prices from $150 incl gst when undertaken alongside a full building inspection.
Property Maintenance and Advice
What does a building inspection report cover?
The process does not include a council Property File search or LIM report unless specifically requested. These should be consulted if there are any concerns about the site, or any building work undertaken which may not have permits/consent. These documents will need to be sourced by the client prior to the inspection taking place if you would like these checked by us in conjunction with the building inspection.
Report Turnaround - 24-hoursAfter undertaking a full inspection of the property, you will receive a comprehensive written report written in adherence to NZS4306:2005 Residential Property Inspection. It will outline general condition, any areas of concern including photos, and advice for repair or maintenance. The turn-around time on receiving your report is 24-hours via email.
Insurance CoverageWe are fully insured, holding current professional indemnity, public liability, and statutory liability insurances. A copy of our Certificate of Currency is available upon request.
Please contact us today for more information, or a free no-obligation quote.
Methamphetamine 'P' Testing
If the property has been recently cleaned/painted, or renovated, this may impact on the results including a negative result. If the property has been used as a lab, the estate agent should be able to advise you of this as it's likely police have been involved in the property already.If the result is positive, or you would prefer to have a full lab test and analysis, we recommend you use a dedicated meth sampling/testing agency, such as Resultz Group - they will also be able to help with decontamination requirements.